AMOR is Hiring: Case Manager Assistant
Job Title: Case Manager Assistant
Location: Rhode Island
Salary: $35,000 a year with benefits
Start Date: ASAP
Full Time: 40 hours a week
The Alliance to Mobilize Our Resistance (AMOR) is an alliance of six grassroots organizations and a rapid response network of services to resist individual and state-sponsored violence in Rhode Island.
AMOR responds to requests for assistance from community members, who typically connect with AMOR via our Support Line. We then connect impacted families to our Support Teams that either provide direct assistance or referral to a group within our network. AMOR has established six Support Teams: Immigration Legal, Anti-Police Violence, Mental Health, Language Justice, Transportation, and Community Response.
The Case Manager Assistant will work closely with AMORs Director, Lead Organizer, and support team coordinators to accomplish the tasks detailed below.
The AMOR Network Case Manager Assistant will be an organized, passionate, and realistic person who will manage the AMOR caseload in coordination with AMOR staff and volunteers. They will be responsible for connecting community members to support services and resources. Every case has its own unique circumstances that require AMOR to tailor case management to the specific needs of each individual, including:
- Receiving and responding to calls from the AMOR Support Line;
- Conducting intake interviews;
- Connecting and coordinating community members with AMOR services;
- Supporting community members with their cases;
- Verifying and coordinating court dates and/or important appointments;
- Accompany community members’ that need support at court, ICE Check-in, and legal appointment;
- Coordinate language access and accompaniment in meetings with lawyers, as well as during court audiences, and visits to detention centers;
- Maintain an organized record keeping system for individual cases including case notes, logging progress, and noting next steps.
- Bilingual English/Spanish at native-speaker proficiency;
- Strong communication and coordination skills;
- Very detail oriented;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (bilingual English/Spanish);
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people to develop and implement solutions;
- Ability and willingness to work evenings and weekends as necessary;
- Demonstrates the ability to learn new skills and be open to productive and constructive criticism;
- Willingness to learn and work with an organizing practice that centers directly affected members of the community (youth, queer and trans folks, people of color, sex workers, immigrants and refugees, etc.);
- Educational specialization in a related field or the equivalent life experience;
- At least two years experience in a grassroots organization;
- Strong interpersonal and team-building skills;
- Demonstrated commitment to the struggle for social & economic justice, and understanding of issues facing low-income communities of color;
- Ability to fundraise for cases that need support;
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with our networks members;
- Proficient knowledge of basic computer operations and programs and social media;
- Research skills.
Compensation: The AMOR Network Case Manager assistant will be paid $35,000 a year with benefits. Funding for this position is guaranteed from February 2020 to February of 2021. Continuation of this position is dependent on further fundraising with support from AMOR’s Resource Team.
Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter by 02/21/20 to the AMOR Director at: email@example.com